Thursday 21 November 2013

Lionel Messi receives Golden Boot for third consecutive time

Barcelona striker and Argentine Captain Lionel Messi received his third successive European Golden Boot yesterday.


Lionel_Messi_Player_of_the_Year_2011.jpg
Messi thanked his club and players for support, saying, "This is a beautiful award that goes to the entire squad for what it has done. It is a recognition of the (Barcelona) dressing room and of all that the team has been doing all year."
"It is a group award more than an individual one because those are a lot of goals. I wouldn't 
have won it without them, this one or the previous ones." he added.


Talking about injury that happened to him in La Liga match, Messi told, "My objective is to return in good shape, to strengthen the body so that, God willing, I can play without injuries, I am improving bit by bit - it does not hurt any more. I am starting to do things. "

"Getting better little by little and luckily there is no more pain. it all depends on how things go. I will be back, but I will not put a date on when, I will be back when it is supposed to happen", he added.

"My aim is to come back and strengthen my whole body so that nothing goes wrong and I can play without worrying."

Messi scored 46 goals in the 2012-13 to claim European Golden Boot. Leo dedicated his latest personal trophy to his Barcelona teammates Xavi Hernandez, Jordi Alba, Adriano, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, Carles Puyol, Gerard Pique and Jose Pinto.

"It was a lot of goals, and I would not have scored them without my teammates, Without them I would not have won this Golden Boot, nor the others. I appreciate them being here." he said. 

No comments:

ShareThis