Wednesday 22 January 2014

La liga news: Lionel Messi speaks about his plans for 2014 World Cup

Barcelona striker Lionel Messi revealed his plans yesterday for this year after a brilliant comeback.

"I'm very happy, I am willing to come back and play soccer after such a long time out. I'm lucky because day by day I'm feeling better, with a lot of vision to have a great year - not just with Barcelona but also with Argentina.", told four time Ballon D'or winner.  

"Every year I start with the same mentality to keep growing and improving, to always be at the same level. Before the World Cup we have a lot of important things with Barcelona. We have the Champions League, La Liga and the Copa del Rey and that is not the only motivation for me, but [also] for all of us to keep growing.", added 26 year old.

When asked about group stage matches for Argentina being easy ones, "There’s been a lot of talk about how easy it’s going to be, that Argentina are bound to go through comfortably, but it’s a World Cup and there are no easy teams. If they’re there it’s because they deserve to be – there are no straightforward matches at a World Cup.", he said.

No comments:

ShareThis