Saturday 30 November 2013

Steven Gerrard quotes on Sir Alex's book and history with Manchester United

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard yesterday broke his silence over Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography in an interview.
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has stated in his autobiography that Anfield star is not a top player.

Steven_Gerrard_2006.jpg



"I went on trial at Manchester United when I was 13 and had a letter off them wanting to sign me on a seven-year-deal," he said.

"I’m a huge fan of Alex Ferguson and what he’s done in the game is fantastic, that’s the reason why he’s sold that many copies in the first week, I was generally a little bit gutted when I read that, the reaction of the papers, when he said I wasn't a top, top player. But I won’t lose sleep over it, everyone is entitled to their opinion." added 33 year old.

"He tried to sign me in early 2002/2003, he tried to sign me again to play for United, I obviously refused, so I can’t really take it to heart too much. But I’m a bit gutted because I’m a big fan of his." said Liverpool star when asked about his signing for Manchester United.

No comments:

ShareThis