Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sir Alex speaks on Chelsea, David Moyes and Wayne Rooney

Former Manchester United mastermind and currently the director of the club, Sir Alex Ferguson spoke yesterday with US TV network PBS about Chelsea, New Manager at old trafford David Moyes and striker Wayne Rooney.


Sir Alex Feruson
                     

Fergie revealed the secret that when Russian Businessman Roman Abrahimovic owned Chelsea, he asked the united manager about coming to Chelsea. “They used an agent to approach me when Abramovich first took over the club and I said ‘no chance. I always come back to this point – why would you leave?”

When asked about coming back again as a manager at old trafford he told "You would be throwing your money down the drain if you put any money on me coming back as a manager. I made my decision. The timing was perfect. I'm not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United's results.There is no way back for me now - I've got a new life. I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France. United are in good hands with David Moyes. He will be fine. He’s a good manager.”

He has said again that Rooney has asked him about leaving the club day after Premier league Final. “He asked away, He came in the day after we had won the title. Nothing happened that I would get upset about. Wayne is unfortunate in the sense that he is England’s big white hope. So therefore, the media is always centred around Wayne. And he has people who advise him. And I think that’s where all that’s coming from. I never fell out with him at any time, you know. Sometimes I would discipline him, but sometimes they all need discipline. 
Wayne Rooney With Sir Alex
When the club refused to sell him to Chelsea, he realised his only job was Manchester United. It’s brought back his focus. It’s brought back his work ethic and his purpose, and, you know, he’s playing well again. So maybe that was a good turning point for the boy. Did it end badly? No, I don’t think so. I think if Wayne walked in here today, he would shake my hand.” Said the 71 year old man.

Share on Facebook



Delicious Save this on Delicious

No comments:

ShareThis